The Division of Aging and Seniors, Public Health Agency of Canada, provides federal leadership in areas pertaining to aging and seniors. The Division serves as a focal point for information and centre of expertise.
* providing advice and supporting policy development;
* conducting and supporting research and education activities;
* encouraging innovative means of improving the health of seniors in situations of risk and in preventing situations of risk from developing;
* working and consulting with partners, including the provinces, territories, seniors organizations and other sectors; and
* encouraging communication and disseminating information.
* providing operational support to the National Advisory Council on Aging;
In executing all of its roles and responsibilities, the Division promotes the meaningful participation of seniors in federal decisions and activities that affect them.